I see a lot of overcomplicated lower body workouts. Often its best to K.I.S.S. I’ll keep this strength training workout simple, as well as this post!
Here is a sample muscle building workout that is extremely effective! Start to finish this should only take 1 hour AT MOST. Get it done and get out.
Get Strong! Lower Body Workout.
- Dynamic Stretching – 5 minutes
- Foam Rolling – 5 minutes
1. Full Free Squat (get low!) – 4 x 3, 2 x 2 – Drop off set of 15 (approx 40-50% 1RM)
2. Bulgarian Split Squats w/ added ROM – 4 x 10 – Put your front foot up on a few plates. Also, just because it is 10 reps, don’t be a sissy!
3. Glute Ham Raises - 3 x 12, 10, 8 - If you have no GHR, replace it with another posterior chain exercise.
4. Shovel Deadlifts – 4 x 5 each side. Great way to finish off with some core bracing and incorporating the lower body.
Work on your bracing and breathing with every rep. Make sure to maintain proper form and enjoy getting strong!
Remember, you can have the best program in the world, but its worthless unless you execute it and work hard!
- Joe Hashey, CSCS -